originally posted by Laurent Bugnion: (link) - please comment at original post
As some of you now, I have been spending most of my free time (which is not much these days once I am done with the amazing projects I am working on at IdentityMine, and the time spent with the family) working on a very simple, very light MVVM toolkit.
This toolkit will encompass
- A DLL with classes that make MVVM applications easier to create and “wire”.
- A “base” ViewModel class that contains utility methods that ViewModels typically need.
- A command class that can be used in WPF and Silverlight, to loosely wire your controls to methods in the ViewModel.
- A messenging system to let ViewModels and other classes communicate in an uncoupled manner.
- A project template to create a new MVVM application in Visual Studio.
- Some snippets to easily extend existing MVVM applications (for example with new properties).
- Some sample applications.
I have already most of it ready, and am working on the sample apps, which is a great way to identify things that are missing from the toolkit. I already learned a lot from working on this, as well as the many discussions around this with my peers in the community.
More blog posts will follow around this topic. Stay tuned!
Remember to please comment at original post: (link)