posted by John Pollard
This past week IdentityMine participated in the annual ALSD/SEAT IT Conference held in New York City. The ALSD/SEAT IT Conference is a one of a kind yearly event that brings together the disciplines of IT, Sales, and Marketing from across all the major sports leagues and teams. Attendees of the event range from, on the IT side—CIO, CTO and Director of Information Technology to Sales, and Marketing professionals such as heads of Digital Media, Club Suite, Corporate Sponsorship and Hospitality. The subject matter, presentation and discussion material for this event range from how to use technology to enhance the overall fan experience in-venue to creating interactive solutions to increase the overall value for club and league sponsors. As part of the agenda team officials and technology partners toured the new Yankee Stadium, the New Meadowlands, and Red Bull Area, home of the MLS New York Red Bulls.
This is the second year that IdentityMine has participated in the conference and was well represented not only on the exhibit floor but also as a key panelist and presenter for three separate breakout sessions during the event – no other vendor was invited to participate in as many sessions. A true testimony to IM’s growing presence and reputation in the world of sports and entertainment marketing and technology.
On the exhibit floor IM highlighted our portfolio of work in fan experience and interactive sponsorship applications like those used during this year’s Pro Bowl and Super Bowl in Miami. IM also showcased our I.C.E. player evaluation and game-planning solution that was used throughout the 2009 season by the Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints. In addition to these well-known and industry relevant solutions IM also demonstrated and received great response to a digital signage and interactive merchandise catalog and ordering system put together by IM and our development partners Magnetic 3D and digital signage industry leader Omnivex.
It was great to be asked to speak at the event and I was excited to be invited to participate in three very different keynote sessions both as a panelist and lead presenter. The three sessions were:
- The Business of Social Networking in Sports & Entertainment – Panelist
- IM’s key message: Social Media and Networking can be a key component to new and exciting fan activations in stadium however social media is merely a component of a comprehensive marketing plan to entice fan interaction.
- Digital Asset Media Management – Panelist
- IM’s key message: With the proliferation of information assets – media, internal records, syndicated analytics, fan opinions, etc. organizations must solidify a sound Digital Asset Management Strategy in order to maximize both the utility and impact of critical information. DAM is a critical strategic differentiator for sport organizations for both in-venue fan experiences as well as sports operational needs.
- Innovative Products and Technologies That Work for Premium Seating – Presenter
- IM’s key message: Utilize technology, more specifically interactive technologies to deliver the maximum enhancement to premium seat holders in terms of both engagement and impact. The most effective interactive technology experiences in-venue use a combination of technology coupled with creative programming and engaging activation concepts. Creativity + people + technology is the winning formula for the best fan experiences.